We offer tailor made horse riding holidays for adult riders and children of all abilities
Enjoy a great horse riding holiday in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.
Bewerley Riding Centre is situated in Pateley Bridge North Yorkshire. Pateley Bridge is a traditional Dales market town situated in the heart of Nidderdale within the Yorkshire Dales park an area of AONB. We are just 15 miles from the beautiful Spa town of Harrogate and 30 minutes drive from Leeds, the M1 and the airport.
We are surrounded by the beautiful Yorkshire Dales countryside. We have easy access to country lanes and open moor land for hacking out either for just a few hours or for full day rides.
Welcome to our unaccompanied riding holidays for children and teenagers.
Come and stay for a fun filled week with our beloved horses and ponies and make new friends. Unaccompanied children and teenagers living as part of our family, good home cooking, vegetarian menu available – breakfast, lunch and high tea. Comfortable bunk room accommodation and discreetly supervised at all times with security systems and fire alarms, using the fantastic facilities of the Bewerley Outdoor Centre located next door to us. All inclusive £450 plus activities at night.
We live in the beautiful valley of Nidderdale, North Yorkshire – an area of outstanding natural beauty. Riding out is in the valley and over the moors.
You are very welcome to come and look around to meet our experienced and friendly team, meet the horses and ponies and see where you will stay for your holiday.
You will need to bring with you your personal toiletries and towels. Please leave jewellery at home. Casual clothes for evenings and going out. Swimsuit and beach type towel for when we go to swim. Pocket money may be needed for the tuck shop that is open each evening and for any shopping you might like to do in Pateley Bridge.
We can provide some boots and hats if needed but better if you have your own and body protector must be worn in jumping lessons. A minimum of two pairs of jodpurs needed as no washing facilities.
We are an approved British Riding School Association member and offer their tests to the holiday children if they are keen to learn in their care lessons. There will also be a show day where they will wash and plait their ponies up.
We can also offer Weekends holidays which run from Friday tea time to Sunday before tea. We can accept younger children on weekend breaks from the age 10 years upwards.
A typical holiday week:
Our weeks start on Sunday with guests arriving in the afternoon after 3 pm and depart the following Saturday before 12.00noon.
We serve delicious home cooked food – cooked or continental breakfast, three course lunch and high tea, and a drink and biscuit before bed. We can accommodate up to sixteen guests aged 12 to 15 years old per week who are discreetly supervised at all times.
The horses and ponies are all stabled on the premises. Lots of riding and stable management lessons and if you would like to help on the yard you are more than welcome.
The programme is not set in stone and will vary depending on the children and their ability and what they are looking to achieve throughout their stay.
A typical week might look like this:
- Sunday Arrive afternoon after 3 pm. Meet the other guests settle in and have an accompanied walk around the yard to meet the horses and ponies, perhaps choose one you would like to ride. 5.30ish Tea. Then relax and may be go for a walk to see the horses who are turned out/Watch a video. 8.30 light supper and bed – lights out 10pm.
- Monday: Morning Breakfast 8.30, 10am stable management lesson, 11 am riding lesson, 12.30 lunch, 2pm prepare for lesson or ride out, after riding once you have put your pony away and made him comfy you then have a drink and biscuit and some free time. 5.30 ish Tea and then evening games.
- Tuesday: Ride after breakfast. Lunch and ride again then a drink and cake. Grooming and care lesson to practice plaiting for the show on the Friday.
- Wednesday: All day ride with packed lunch.
- Thursday: Ride in morning, light lunch, then go swimming at the leisure centre and shopping in Pateley Bridge, Fish and chip supper
- Friday: Prepare your pony for the show in the afternoon – 1.30. Our show begins.
- Most improved rider of the week.
- Neatest plaits.
- Cleanest pony.
- Cleanest tack.
- Best presented leading their pony.
- Best presented pony ridden.
- Clear Round . / Gymkhana
- The neatest bed throughout the week!
Prize giving, Ponies put away and groomed, and to finish the day a BBQ in the garden. Sleep well and home in the morning!
Tariffs and bookings
If you would like to book an activity at Bewerley Riding Centre please send us a booking form or fill out the form on the bottom of this page. Please feel free to call to discuss any details.
Weeks Holiday – Per child £450.00 Deposit none returnable £100.00 to be paid when booking
- (All deposits will be returned if the cancellation date can be refilled)
- All balances must be paid on day of arrival.
- A disclaimer must be signed for all jumping lessons; every precaution will be taken in all the riding activities.
- All our staff are First Aid trained and CRB checked and have done a child protection course.
- This is a non- smoking riding and holiday centre.
Available Children’s Riding Holiday Dates 2017
Summer Riding holidays:
Sun 23rd July – Sat 29th July – £450/child
Sun 30th July to Fri 4th Aug depart 17:30 – £415/child
Dates to be confirmed
Prices & Booking enquiries:
To discuss a booking or answer any questions just drop us a email or call on 01423 712249 or MOB: 07900 692250
We offer tailor made horse riding holidays so do get in touch to discuss your requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you – Silvia.
Meet the team:
BHSAI BSc. Equine Science
Taken on the business as Bewerley School of Horsemanship from July 2015. Teaches, re schools, breaks youngsters in, hunts.